Tuesday, December 2, 2014

No Place to Fall

No Place to Fall
edelweiss
Harper teen
stand alone
Dec 9

Amber lives in the Appalachia mountains with her family. She is best friends with Devon. She can sing a pretty song. Whitney & Sammy & Colby are her sister's family that are living near them in the trailer. Her dad has had many girl friends on the side.

Amber has a crush on Will , who is Devon's brother. They hook on the first day of school. Amber is trying to find a way to get out the town. She tries new things , but she also makes some poor choices which do affect her friends.

Will loves to sing too, and he also has a girl friend. Amber and Will do make good music together.

I loved this book, and it made me cry a couple times. Amber grows up along the way with other family members. Amber's life isn't easy. This book did focus on the family , but there were secrets being kept. I loved the scene between Amber and her mom discussing love. I loved the songs through out the book. I didn't like the cheating done through this book. There were drugs and drinking mentioned.

Book Review= B

Thanks so much to Harper Teen and this is my Honest Review

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like there are a few things I wouldn't like but I still might give it a shot.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks