Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Heart of Christmas

The Heart of Christmas
#7 in the series
adult
Harlequin
Oct 28

Eve is turning 35 , and goes to sexy Sadie's, and she goes home with a man. He also happens to be a patron of the B & B. He is hiding out and doing business. Eve also know's about Chey's secret. Ted & Sophia are also in this book.

Eve & Brent are both attracted to each other. They both can't seem to stay away from each other. He is keeping secrets and he doesn't want to hurt her. Eve and Brent figure out on their first night that they weren't always safe with sex. She might be pregnant. She also doesn't want secrets with her parents since they are visiting.

Eve does some sleuthing about Brent. Ted is protective of her , and he wants to solve the mystery of the B & B. Her friends end up helping her and Brent out. Dylan and Chey are a big part of this book too.

I am still on the fence with this series. There was a lot of lying happening through out the book, and many secrets being kept. The situation with Chey isn't resolved yet, but we are getting closer to it. It feels like that we are in a soap opera. Ted, Sophia, Dylan were all busy bodies to Eve and Brent's relationship. It appears that 7th seems to be my break up book. I do want to see what happens with Chey & Dylan, but I don't care since that relationship was destroyed by LYING. This book had so many lies & secrets and it just like the previous book. Brent did have some serious issues to deal with but I never saw them on a date. It seemed that this was a sexual relationship.

I do love this group and glad to see so many of them are getting their Happy Ever After's . I love this series and this is a local author to me. Ugh I wish I wasn't so Meh about this book.


*** I just found that Brent/Rex is from another one of her book series. Still I didn't like the lying.

Book Review= C

Thanks so much to the author for this book and this my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. I don't read this series but I do think I remember reading about that big lie from that other couple. I'm not really a fan of things like that so I'll skip it all.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series and I are done. It's the seventh and the big issue isn't resolved at all. I was heartbroken that It wasn't done. I am not a fan of lying or hero lying. It just got to be too much.

      I will see her Saturday at the festival :)

      Delete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks