Monday, September 15, 2014

Education & Closing Schools




I love my kids teachers , and that they do amazing work. But in my area , the school board wants to close down 2 or 3  schools because they are very  very old. My kids have been to the middle school , and now I am working there. I have only seen band aid fixes on both the elementary school, and middle school. These schools have been around for many many years. I can only wish that the district did more for this area , but that's the past. 

Also in this area , are many areas for the kids to play soccer, baseball, softball. If these schools close then these area's will be closed due to either moving a school or fixing up another one. The community will miss out if this area is gone. 

I think that the middle school should be rebuilt . I know that it's the most expensive one , but this community needs it. I am doing all that I can get the word out regarding this situation. I have emailed my board members, members of the City Council . The community needs this and the students need this. I will do all that I can for my kids and the incoming students to the Middle school. 

*** Not touching Common Core but that's another issue 

Thanks and getting off my soapbox. 

If you would like to help me -- you can email me for information. Please help me save these community of schools. 

1 comment:

  1. School closures are always a sensitive issue, and impact a lot of people. I live in a mostly French province, and us anglophones are treated like second class citizens sometimes. For every 5 French schools, there's 1 English, and they are usually super underfunded. :(

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks