Monday, April 7, 2014

Plus One Book review

Plus One
Farrar Straus Giroux
for review
stand alone
April 8

Sol is a night girl. She has been taking care of her grandfather, but he isn't doing very well. She has a brother who she hasn't seen for over 2 years, and they just had a baby. She injures herself to catch a glimpse of the baby in the hospital. Day boy helps her get fixed up . She is able to visit and hold the baby. Sol ends up taking the baby. Day boy is a medical student and working with his mom.

Day boy ends up finding her and the baby , and helping her out. D'Arcy is the day boy's name, and he has his own family issues that he is dealing with. This book takes place over a weekend, and we see many of Soleil memories.

This weekend is life changing in many ways for both of them. She gets help, and even finds some romance with D'Arcy.

This book had action, romance, trust issues, and also many family issues that came to light. I adored the realness of this book, and the tech was cool. I didn't know what to expect from this book. I loved the world building, and the characters. I loved the conversations between Sol & D'Arcy. Sol was smart, creative thinker who loved her family and would do anything for them. I thought that this book was so much better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed the romance.

Book Review= B+

Thanks so much to Macmillan and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. Sol sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a little confusing, is it sci-fi? If that's the case everything makes sense! lol. Actually, it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks