Sunday, March 23, 2014

Divergent Movie Review

Thoughts:

my dd has been more excited than me to see this movie. We got to the showing , and waited for all the previews. The movie theater wasn't very packed.

The movie finally begins and I agree that this was a good book to movie adaptation. I loved the characters, and the seeing the choosing ceremony. Theo ( Four) made the movie in my humble opinion. I kept waiting for her to learn his name, and I expected more kissing.  I did enjoy the Ferris Wheel , and zip lining. I thought the adults in the movie were excellent. Tris was okay actress .

My dd loved how Four was afraid of heights, and the ending. Overall she enjoyed this movie and it lived up to her expectations of reading the series.

I might see the next movie , and really want to see Marcus .

Movie Review= B
 DD  Movie Review = A+

5 comments:

  1. Hmm I'll likely wait til netflix because I haven't read the book and really don't think I have plans to anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm strange but I have no urge to see this. Although I'm not a fan of book to movie translations in general.

    I'll probably watch it when it hits Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just posted my review today too. I quite enjoyed it. Four was awesome. I agree that the ferris wheel and zip lining scenes were fabulous! And I wanted more kissing too! :) Oh, well. Next movie maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you! Tris was a little...meh. But Four was well done. I didn't like the lack of character development of the supporting characters. I did love the zip line and ferris wheel too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad to hear good things about the movie! I haven't seen it yet but I really want to! I am pretty excited to see Four on the big screen!! (Ewww, does that make me a creepy old lady?!)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks